Sunday, October 15, 2023

My weekend

These days I am trying to be more intentional in how I spend my time.  During the day I am alone from about 6am until at least 5pm.  It's a lot of solitude.  Any opportunity I have to get out in the evenings with my friends I take advantage of.  On Thursday night me, Betsy and Laura made fall pots together.  
On Friday morning I drove out to school to take pictures of Nick making breakfast out in the parking lot.  Nick started this tradition last year and I love that the kids get to do this.  They set up their grill on the mornings of home football games and make breakfast.  I got Nick this apron which he plans on signing and passing down to the next class to keep the tradition going.  

 Sweet Lauren. Also on Friday I took the afternoon off and took my mom to her preop appointment for her upcoming eye surgery.  After the appointment we went out to my house for a light dinner and cocktails.  Cole made himself comfortable on Lauren's lap.  

The rest of my weekend was relatively quiet.  Mary, John and Erin came out for dinner on Saturday night and this morning I went to church.  The weather wasn't great and the crispness in the air is just a reminder that winter is coming.  

No comments: