Monday, October 23, 2023

Midwest fall weekends are the best

I always say that there is no comparison to the summers and falls in Illinois.  They are pretty much perfection.  The springs and winters, not so much.  Summer and fall seem to carry me through the dull drums of winter and spring.  Nick started his weekend catching this monster.  The biggest bass he's ever caught.  Sadly it wasn't for a tournament but still exciting.  He finished his last fall tournament of his senior year yesterday.  He'll fish again in the spring.  It will be nice to have him home a little more over the next few months. That being said Nick doesn't let any grass grow under his feet.  He's up at 4am every morning to go to work.  He works until school starts then he attends school and after school he goes right back to work for another few hours.  The kid is a beast. 
Sweet Shannon and I at church yesterday.  Mike and I started attending a new church and I love it!  I have a mind set of "never miss a sunday" attitude.  Shannon has a pastoral leadership role and I'm so proud of her.  She is sure using her God given talents and blessing others through her kingdom work. 

 As part of my effort to be more intentional and plan my weekends better I bought symphony tickets for Mike and I.  This is us before we left for our fun night.  I bought the tickets knowing it was really more Mike's thing.  I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. so much so that it's something I'd gladly attend again.  It was a really nice evening with my sweet husband.  

No comments: