Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Our Aneroxic Tree


 Over the weekend Mike spent WAY too many hours trying to get our former tree lit but to no avail.  Finally after what seemed like days Mike gave up.  While lights not working on a Christmas tree is certainly a first world problem, it was still a problem nonetheless  And it's like I always say, if Mike can't fix a problem then it can't be fixed.  Therefore we went out yesterday and bought this Charlie Brown tree.  It is true that I picked it out (as Mike was reminding me of last night as I was complaining how sad it looked) but I didn't want to spend a bunch of money and I hate decorating for Christmas.  Love my Lord and Savior Jesus but decorating for the season is not my forte.  I'm a very good enough kind of gal when it comes to this kind of thing.  I put my favorite ornaments on it and decided that once Jay moves out he can have the tree and I'll divide the ornaments up between Jay and Nick.  

Both boys had a comment about the tree when they got home from work last night.  Jay walked in and asked, "What's up with the aneroxic tree?"  Nick's comment reflected nearly the same, "That tree just looks pitiful."  I figure if nothing else it will provide a lot of laughs this year.  

No comments: