Monday, November 13, 2023

The "Home"

 Mom provides Kim and I with lots of laughs from the "home."  I've done a poor job of documenting these antics.  For years my boys provided me with hilarious stories and now my mom and her activities at the home is providing us with our entertainment.  

Last week there was a break out of bed bugs (gross).  Thankfully mom didn't have them.  She has no carpet in her apartment which according to mom helps prevent bug beds.  Regardless mom told me she had learned from her friend, Doris, that using baking soda over her threshold would deter bed bugs.  Who knew?  Mom bossed  sent me out to buy a box of baking soda.  When she sends me on these errands that make no sense to me I obey but I'm rolling my eyes the entire time and usually calling Kim to tell her what crazy request our mother has bestowed on me.  When I arrived at mom's apartment with the box of baking soda she first started pointing her finger all around and trying to tell me what to do with the baking soda.  Finally it became clear to me she wanted me to sprinkle her baking soda on the carpet right outside her front door.  Again I did as I was told even though it made absolutely zero sense to me.  The next day Kim visited mom and called me and said mom's front entrance looked like a cocaine deal gone bad.  It turns out mom had misunderstood the directions and sprinkling mounds of baking soda on the floor doesn't prevent bed bugs.  The next time I visited mom she promptly directed me to take the box of baking soda home, she no longer had any use for it.  Imagine that.  

Every Friday the home hosts a happy hour.  Mom loves attending but she loves it even more when Kim or I come.  I have to give this to my sister.  Kim goes more often than I do, probably because I'm too busy running to the store to pick up baking soda.  This past Friday Kim took her kids with her to mom's happy hour.  Afterwards Luke called and said he thought Nana's friend winked at him so he had winked back at her.  He told Kim about this winking incident and Kim had to tell him that Nana's friend likely had a twich and wasn't winking at him.  These are just a few of the stories that keep Kim and I laughing these days!  

No comments: