Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Song & Sword

Last night I attended a Christmas party at my pastor's house.  It was lovely.  The above picture is of navity scenes my pastor has collected throughout the world.  Isn't it beautiful?  I need to take a moment and blog about my church, Song & Sword.  I attended a big church for years.  I loved it.  Mike was baptized in that church.  I think that one day when my boys reflect on their own faith walk, they will have fond memories of our big church from their youth groups and trips to witnessing their dad coming out of that baptistry with his arms up in worship on that cold February morning in 2016.  In 2020 our pastor started doing what is called daily "Mike Talks."  He continues this today and it's something I look forward to watching every morning.  Listening to Mike (my pastor - not my husband, just saying) and being in the word of God starts my day off in the right direction.  My pastor started his own church, Song & Sword, in September of this year.  But this summer I attended church in his quiet home which happens to be a synagogue with my dear friend, Shannon.  God has certainly used Shannon in my life throughout the years as a vessel, leading me where I need to be (see my blog posts back from 2016 when Mike and I were trying to do following his job loss - Shannon was instrumental).  From the beginning it felt good to be there, among this small group of believers.  One Sunday while we were closing up our small service in the synagogue the holy spirit came alive in me.  It was all I could do to hold back tears because I was so happy to be a part of this new church and there was no doubt that God wanted me there.  Mike (switch back to my husband now) attends with me when he can and recently  after church one Sunday he told me he noticed how happy I seemed to be when I was at church, serving.  It's true.  I simply could not love this little church more and I am thrilled to be a very small part of how God is working through this ministry.  
Another huge bonus to my new church is I get to see Mary and Shannon every Sunday.  Being around a community of believers is such a blessing.  I've made new friends too (see below).  I love the connections and new friends.  And Oh yes, I wore my fancy boots last night!  

 

No comments: