Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Christmas 2023

Kim and I decided to do things differently this year.  For as long as I can remember we spent Xmas eve together and then Xmas day at home with our families.  This year we switched it.  We went to church together at Song & Sword in the morning on Xmas eve.  Personally I loved going to church in the morning on Xmas eve.  After church Kim went to her in-laws and my family and mom went out to lunch.  Me, Nick and Mike spent a quiet evening at home on xmas eve and made homemade pizzas.  Jay was with Trystan's family.  
Christmas day was gloomy but warm.  Mike decided he would cut down a tree on Christmas day because who doesn't cut down trees on Xmas day?  Only Mike. 
Although I haven't known Trystan for long, I love her.  She is so easy to have around.  It was a joy to have another female around on Christmas.  My family opened their gifts late morning and about 1:30 mom and Kim and family showed up.  
We ate about 2pm and then played a game and opened presents.  Mike's prime rib was delicious, as usual. 

                                                  Have I mentioned how much I like Trystan?  
Mom wasn't her best this year.  She was not feeling well and pretty unsteady on her feet but she was all smiles with Walker on her lap and receiving this Vizsla sweatshirt from Kim.  
Sweet Lauren.  We ended the night watching "Elf" in the basement (me, Kim and Lauren).  I didn't get any pics of Luke and Nick from Xmas but I promise they were with us.  Ha.  Nick went to bed early on xmas day because he went to work at 4am this morning.  Typical Nick.  I am very thankful for my family this Xmas.  Things change and I'm glad Kim and I made some changes this year.  We will likely do the same thing next year.  
 

No comments: