I love how God works. How He uses us to plant seeds so we can bear fruit. Several months ago Jay mentioned to me that it made him sad that Nana could no longer go to church. A seed was planted. Kim and I committed to take mom to our church. It was slow going because about the time we were set to take mom our church started construction on our handicapped ramp. After many delays we finally were able to take her on a consistent basis. She loved going. She loved Mike, the pastor. She loved seeing Mary, John, Shannon and she loved the preacher's wife, Sara. A kind and loving soul who greeted mom with a kiss on her cheek each time she saw her.
Mom has loved Jesus her entire life. After her stroke she could have complained to God and maybe silently she did but to all of us her faith never wavered. Last Sunday was baptism Sunday. Kim was with mom and after church she called me with excitement. Mom wanted to be baptized. Wow, I didn't have that on my bingo card. Kim and I were overjoyed. We made some calls and mom was baptized on Saturday in a hotel pool. Craig surprised us all and was baptized also. It was a glorious day!

No comments:
Post a Comment