I remember a time not so long ago when I swore I'd never have 3 dogs again and yet here I am. It's another reminder to never say never. Don't let this picture fool you. It's rare that Lenny lays on the bed calmly. Today we have had Lenny for one month. His potty training has gone well and ever so slowly I've seen a relationship form between Lenny and Walker. I never could have predicted that. Next to my mom, Jay is one of Walker's biggest fans so of course he wasn't surprised. Ha. Lenny has been so good for Walker and vice versa. Lenny has made Walker less of a grouch and has helped bring out Walker's playful side. Walker has been good for Lenny. He has demonstrated to Lenny what proper dog behavior play is. Often they will play and sometimes Walker doesn't like it and let's Lenny know. Lenny backs off, they lick each other and start to play again. It's been really fun to watch. Cole remains indifferent to Lenny, much to Mike's surprise. He does not play with him and simply tolerates him. Cole is 13 years old after all. If he could talk he would probably tell us he doesn't appreciate spending his "golden" years with this rambunctious puppy.
Although we have settled in nicely. Over this past month I have often questioned my sanity. What was I thinking agreeing to take on a puppy and a third dog right after stepping into empty nest? I finally had free time to focus on things I wanted to do. When I voiced this to Mike, he said part of life is taking care of things. While that might be true, I'm kind of tired of taking care of people and things, including dogs. Ha! But I digress. I know long term this was the right decision and I've joked that this is my summer of No. I haven't done much because I've been training a puppy.

No comments:
Post a Comment