Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daddy's Home

I realized I did not honor my husband on Father's Day (in my blog anyway). Mike is truly a wonderful dad to our two boys. He is patient but firm. He is fun but serious when he needs to be. And he makes his boys his number two priority (I'm the first!). Mike has been gone the last two nights working. The boys go a little stir crazy when he's gone. Tonight when he walked in the door the boys were all over him, begging him to take them outside. So, outside they went, hence me being able to blog at 6:45 in the evening.
It has occurred to me that hurricane season is approaching. Last September, Mike was called out on storm duty for three weeks. I remember it like it was yesterday and not fondly, I might add. It was the most challenging three weeks I've ever experienced. During Mike's absence, I realized and appreciated the fact that he is the main foundation of our family. To give myself some credit, I managed (with the help of my mom and sister) but it was a rough three weeks.
Happy Belated Father's Day, Mike! Jay, Nick and I love you lots!

No comments: