Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nick's Clumsiness

I took Jay to baseball practice tonight when Nick and Mike unexpectedly showed up. Mike said there had been too much excitment at home so he and Nick decided to join me. That "excitement" consisted of Nick running into and shattering our dining room window. Now before I proceed with this story, I am happy to report Nick is okay. His wrist is cut but he did not require stitches and Mike bandaged it nicely.
Nick is known for just running into things. Last week we were at the beach and he was running, not paying attention to what he was doing, and slammed right into the slide. Then, just three days ago he was running a truck around on concrete when he tripped over the truck and skinned his forehead. Tonight, he was running through the house like a wild man and like a freaking bird smacked right into the window. Thankfully Mike was right there and as soon as it happened he told Nick to freeze (as Nick did not have any socks or shoes on) so Nick did not cut his feet. I was glad I was not home when it happened because I probably would have freaked out. Mike, on the other hand, handles those situations beautifully. He's always remains calm.
As bad as I feel about Nick's accident, I have to laugh because he's so me! When I was in second grade, I was running in the gym and couldn't "stop" and ran smack right into the gym wall, breaking my arm. When Nick was in utero, it's like the good lord took all my clumsy genes and put them all into Nick. Poor Pickel! I love you son, hang in there.....life won't see as clumsy in a few years.

No comments: