Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Groundhog Day

Have you ever seen the movie, "Groundhog Day," with Bill Murray? He keeps waking up to the same day everyday and doing the same thing over and over again. I sware that is what my life is like sometimes. Jay had a baseball game last night and b-ball practice tonight, both in Stanford (a small town close to our home). Getting up and going to work everyday presents itself with the Groundhog day "syndrome" but when you get into nightly activities, it's a whole new ball-game, literally. When I got home from work last night I gave Nick and Jay a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to eat on the way to Jay's baseball game (not one of my better parenting food choices) and tonight when Jay and I went to his baseball practice I gave him a corn muffin. Same food crap, different day. Good lord! I drive the same stretch of road, sit in the same spot on the bleacher and watch the same kids play baseball. I enjoy it, once I'm there, I just have to laugh at the daily routine. I am happy to report we do not have baseball tomorrow night but we'll be back at it on Thursday night.

No comments: