Saturday, November 22, 2014

Nick's first basketball game

 Nick played his first basketball game today.  His team is still learning which makes me smile because I've watched Jay and his group since they played together in fourth grade so it's fun for me to watch these boys build their skills.  Nick isn't in love with basketball but I do think if he can change his attitude a bit and give it time, he'll like it more and more.  He still says football is his first love. 
 And here's something I see Mike doing that I thought I'd never see.  Mike is helping with coaching.  He is pretty humble about it and says he's simply helping run drills during practice but Nick loves it (see picture below).  And I gotta say, I think Mike is really, really good at it.  Jay didn't have a game today so he was able to come and cheer on Nick's team. 
Are there any words?  When Nick wasn't playing he had his arm around his dad.  Love. 

No comments: