Monday, December 22, 2014

My Christmas Season

Christmas is only 3 days away.  As usual the entire month of December flew by but this season was different for me.  I was more intentional in how I organized my time.  Last year I was so busy and so overwhelmed and it didn't sit well with me.  My work load last year had a lot to do with it and that is something I had no control over.  I just kept treading water, very unsuccessfully by the way.  In years past illness has played a part in shutting my family down for weeks in December.  This December has been different.  My work load has been manageable and illness has not struck my family (so far, knock on wood).  My shopping was done weeks ago and my wrapping was finished days ago.  My Christmas cards were mailed out the first week of December and I was able to make peppermint cup cakes for my friends and neighbors.  I made a red velvet cake for Jay's teachers and I was able to perform three acts of kindness this season.  This month I used my last 2 days of vacation.  I went to Nick's Christmas program at school and helped with his class xmas party.  Today I'm using my last day of vacation and taking my boys, Faith and Curtis ice skating.  I am loving every minute of this season and this year when Dec. 26 comes along, I really will be sad to see it end. 

No comments: