Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Skating & Singing

 I took a day of vacation yesterday and although the day was busy and my children are adjusting to being on Christmas break (Hello fighting) the day was really enjoyable.  I took my boys, Faith and Curtis ice skating.  My friend, Sarah and two of her boys met us there.  Look at Faith right in the middle of all the boys.  She never seems to mind, bless her. 
 I can only imagine what these 5 boys are saying to each other, "If we take off from this angle at this speed, we might be able to go around this corner faster than a speeding bullet."

 Last evening Laura and I went to my dads nursing home for "Socks for Seniors" night.  This is our 3rd year doing it and probably our best year.  We both seemed a lot more organized for it this year.  We collected 116 socks so that every resident of the home receives a pair of socks.  We sings carols to them and pass out socks.  We also get cards donated to us from a business in town and we get 116 cards signed by kids within our school district.  As you can imagine the residents really enjoy it and my dad loves it; once he can accept the fact that he's up past his bedtime.  Ha.  We had a smaller group this year but this was the first year that although we did it during xmas break, it was a week night and many adults still have to work the next day.  We had just enough kids though to make it special for the residents.
 Even my dad gets into the Christmas spirit.  Jay was in charge of pushing his grandpa around during the evening.  By the time we got ready to leave, Jay whispers to me, "I have sweat in places I didn't know were possible."  Ha.  The nursing home is always HOT and pushing around grandpa Brad is no easy job - hence Jay's expression below. 
Another Socks for Seniors night was successfully done.  I really hope this is something Laura and I can keep doing.  It's also something that is special to my sister and I as it's a way of doing something nice for our dad during this time of year. 

No comments: