Saturday, February 28, 2015

My relationship with ICY HOT

My husband has worked a heavy labor job his entire working life so about 24 years.  He's now 42 and his aches and pains bother him more than they did when he was 30.  Imagine that.  About a year ago ICY HOT became a permanent fixture in our home.  We monitor its contents and an alert goes out when the bottle starts to get empty.  But recently Mike's dependence on ICY HOT has reached a whole new level and guess who has the responsibility of applying it.  I've discovered my thumbs are more useful than I ever gave them credit for.  Recently Mike has been battling a "knot" in his neck.  It's been my job for the past week to work that knot out.  Mike will start out each evening asking me if I'd rub ICY HOT on his neck.  My reply is always laced with sarcasm, "Sure dear, I'd love nothing more."  At first Mike didn't appreciate my response but he's over it now since he's acquired such a dependence on my thumbs.  It's the same routine every night, Mike directs me where the "knot" is and tells me I need to rub it down, into his shoulders.  I sit behind him so thankfully he can't see the amount of eye rolling going on on my end.  I begin the rub and recite the part in my vows about  sickness and in health.  I also have to remind myself that Mike has gotten knots out of my back several times.  We are good to each other that way.  I am pleased to report that I have finally gotten the "knot" out of Mike's neck and he's feeling much better.  I, on the other hand, detest the smell of ICY HOT and my thumbs will never be the same. 

No comments: