Saturday, April 25, 2015

17 years - Yowzers

I woke up this morning to rain, much like a Saturday 17 years ago (although this rain today was worse), my wedding day.  I was the ripe ole age of 23 (almost 24) and Mike was 25.  In the picture above I was almost 20 and Mike was 21.  We've been together for 21 years and in 21 years I have never questioned or doubted any word he's spoken or any action he's taken.  I'd follow him anywhere, blind-folded.  There is a song out right now by Casting Crowns called, "Broken."  I love it and I think it speaks to couples who have been married for a long time. Mike and I are not the same people who walked down that aisle 17 years ago.  Fatherhood has mellowed Mike out.  I view things differently now that I'm a mother.  And as Mike and I age and our boys get older I realize that when the boys are gone it will just be Mike and I as it was in the first 4 years we were married except the difference is we won't be in our 20's!  Ha!  I'm just happy he's the one I'll grow old with, God willing.

No comments: