Monday, July 27, 2015

Common summer phrases

By the end of July I'm ready for the boys to go back to school.  That's not to say we didn't have a good summer but with me working from home, it can get dicey and this summer I didn't have a babysitter for the boys.  Things went really well in that regard but by July the boys are getting antsy and lazy!  I find myself repeating the same phrases over and over.  One boy needs more reminders than the other (Jay!!!).  Some of my "favorites" include:
*Brush your teeth.  It amazes me how the boys get up, eat their breakfast, get dressed but yet fail to brush their teeth.  I sometimes wonder if my kids will ever brush their teeth without being reminded.  I'm sure girls will play a big part in getting the boys to care about their oral hygiene (I hope). 
*Flush the toilet.  I suspect only mother of boys can truly appreciate this but seriously.  The boys use the upstairs toilet first thing in the morning and if they don't flush, the bathroom smells like a zoo by 2:00 in the summer!  Gross! 
*Wash your hands.  Again, I use this phrase more often with one son than the other son.  Yep, you guessed it, Jay again.  I won't write any more about this because you can get a visual of this and the problem it poses.  Ugh!
*Pick up your towel.  Okay this might have been a blog centered around Jay.  He starts his day with a bath and ends his day with a bath and I find wet towels everywhere; in his closet, on the bathroom floor, on his bed.  By the time I find them, they smell.  You know that V8 commercial where they ask if you've had your vegetables and the person never has so they get thumped in the head?  I wish I had a robot in the bathroom that asked that question every time the boys took a shower and I can guarantee their answer would be "Ahhh, No, we didn't pick up our towels," at which point the robot would thump them in the head.  My bet is after a few thumps, they would have the towel habit licked. 
Exhausting, I tell you, exhausting!! 

No comments: