Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A quiet couple of weeks

 How often is it that one of my blog titles has the word, Quiet, in it?  Not very often.  Ha.  But last week and this week have been just that, quiet.  The rain has eased up but only just a bit.  Even the dogs are taking advantage of the quiet week.  If you look really closely at the picture above, Cole has his mouth open, just a little.  It was hilarious.  He was sound asleep on Copper's rump with his mouth open - just like an old man. 
 The boys have taken advantage of these quiet weeks and have sleeping in Jay's room together.  Jay thought it would be funny to write on Nick's back when he was sleeping.  We all got a laugh out of it but as is always the case with my kids, it was funny the first time.  I told Jay if he did it again, it wouldn't be so funny. 
 One afternoon this week it was sunny enough to swim - what a concept in this rain soaked territory of IL.  Late one afternoon, after work, each of the boys took a friend and we went swimming.  It's so easy taking them at these ages.  Of course I watch Nick and his friend closely but I don't have to be up, walking around, monitoring their every move.  It's so much more relaxing for me. 
Jay hates having me take his picture when his friends are around so this is the best I could get.  This is Aaron and the boys are the same height - so tall!

No comments: