Saturday, July 11, 2015

Nick goes to camp

This week went super fast and yes, it's still raining (in case you were wondering).  On July 5 Nick left for church camp for 3 days and 3 nights.  He loved it.  His favorite part, like last year, was kayaking.  At the conclusion of camp we got to see a slideshow of the kids and nearly every picture of Nick showed him in a yep, you guessed it, a kayak.  Nick told me he grew closer to God, met some really nice boys and just had a good time.  I am always so pleased that my boys love camp (as I did as a kid also) and do not have a fear of being away from home (in fact last year and this year Nick went to camp not knowing who was going or if he'd know anybody).  When I picked Nick up on July 8, his only complaint about camp was he never got full at meals so I took him out for a burger (picture above).  He inhaled his burger and was all smiles.  He also sleep for 13 hours on his first night back at home.  That was my first clue that he might not have slept much at camp - go figure.  Ha.

No comments: