Saturday, January 23, 2016

8th grade night

 Jay's final home game in middle school was just this past week and what a fun night it was.  The 8th graders were honored.  It was a bittersweet night.  Mike and I have so enjoyed watching Jay this season.  Although his team lost ( A LOT), it was a joy to watch Jay play the game he loves playing.  Jay is a good example of persevering.  He started playing ball in 4th grade.  It took him time to develop and really learn the game.  By 5th grade he was playing better and understood the game but he wasn't quite there.  He was and is fast which has always helped him.  His coach from 4th grade came to one of the 8th grade games and told us that he never would have imagined Jay would be the ball player he is now when he saw him playing in 4th grade. 
 For the first time ever, Jay started in every game this season.  What an honor.  He was also team captain.  Okay, I'm bragging a bit but it's my blog (ha) and I don't put this on Facebook.  LOL. 



Love this picture.  Thank you to my friend, CJ, for taking all these pictures.  I know when I reflect on Jay's 8th grade year, it will be with smiles.  Our family has faced a monumental challenge which started in Nov. 2015 and is on-going but Jay is facing this challenge with maturity, kindness and character.  I am so proud of him and although our situation continues to be challenging and yes, frustrating, I know God is at work and I wouldn't change what has happened.  It's glued us together as a family and right before this happened I wondered if Jay was ever going to "get it."  Guess what, he gets it.  Every concern I've had about Jay has diminished.  I know I still have many more years of parenting ahead of me with Jay (and Nick) but God has SO opened my eyes and I no longer have fear or even concern when it comes to Jay.  God is working in him and I'm just here to assist.  I'm just proud God choose me to be his mom. 

No comments: