Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Faithful

I am currently engaged in a once a week pilates class, and I love it.  However, pilates isn't the point of this blog (maybe next time).  Mike had the privilege of working on the pilates studio where I now take my class.  He and the owner collaborated on ideas and wow, does the studio look amazing.  Customers see a great shoe rack to put their shoes on.  A handy purse rack for their purses, and a modern looking coat rack to hang their coats on, and amazing shiplap wall.  I, however, see so much more.  I see how God used Mike's talents for His glory.  I see how He he made sure the paths of Mike and the owner of the pilates studio would cross (who Mike and I now consider a friend).  And every time I catch a glimpse of Mike's wooden cross he made for the studio as I'm trying to breathe through one of the pilates ab moves, I'm instantly reminded of God's faithfulness.  Last January I was a mess.  I may not have shown that to people, but I was a cluster of emotions.  I vividly remember thinking how I wished I could see what the following January would look like.  Here I am exactly a year later taking a weekly pilates class in the studio that was worked on by my husband's hands and it gets me every time.  My faith grew immensely when I was in despair.  The fear of the unknown no longer frightens me, as I have lived and witnessed God's faithfulness.  As things in my life have gotten "back to normal," I must confess my prayer life has gotten more laid back.  I am not as deliberate or intentional.  I understand now more than ever why God allows our suffering - it's his way in building a bridge for a deeper relationship with us.  I know He gives me an extraordinary amount of grace and above all, He knows and understands I'm human.  Not a day goes by (not a day) that I don't think about this past year and am utterly amazed by God's faithfulness. 

No comments: