Sunday, August 6, 2017

Jay's TN vaca without us

 We have gone to TN for our family vacation with the Ausili's for 6 years.  We didn't go in 2011 because I had started my new job, but other than that, we've gone every year.  You know, it was funny because last year (2016) I sensed we might not be able to make it back in 2017.  The verdict is still out for 2018.  We just couldn't make it work this summer.  It was disappointing, but with Mike's crazy work schedule and Jay's detasseling schedule and Nick and I going to Myrtle Beach, it made it almost impossible for us to schedule the time.  Plus, Curt had drivers ed in June and Faith is working.  Times change, as much as we don't like them to.  In the end, we just couldn't make it work.  Jenny emailed me about 3 days before they were going to leave and said her, Mike and Curt were going to go to TN, would Jay like to go?  Would he?  Ahhhh Yeah!  Ausili's are like family to us.  Once I released Jay to them last Sunday, I never worried about him.  I was so glad Jay got to experience TN, even though me, Mike and Nick couldn't.  Jay loves Mike, Jenny and Curt and had many entertaining TN stories when he got home. 
 I look at these pictures and I wonder how these two boys, who have known each other since birth, have grown to be this size.  They will each turn 16 in 2018.  I know it's part of life, but really, who would have thought?  I remember going to the Ozarks with the Ausili's when the boys were 18 mos. old and Jay was a real pain in the you know what.  He didn't sleep and cried a lot.  If I only could have envisioned these boys as who they are today. 

The guys and Jenny went to meet an Honor Flight.  They loved it, but sadly the flight was delayed by hours so they weren't able to welcome the veterans.  Regardless, it was a cool experience.  So, until next year TN!!  Hopefully I'll be blogging in 2018 about our vacation.  Who knows.  Next summer, Jay and Curt will probably be working, and Faith will have graduated.  I seriously can't believe I just wrote those words.  Where does time go?  Thank you God for the experience Jay had this summer in TN.  Thank you for our dear friends. 

No comments: