Sunday, August 13, 2017

My 4th August Meeting

 Every other odd year I head to Cincinnati for my company meetings.  I have a love and frustrated relationship with it.  Love because once I get there, I truly enjoy it.  Frustrated because the weeks leading up to the meetings stress me out.  It's a big deal for Mike and I leave the boys for a few days.  Not to mention the work that has to be done before we leave, both personally and work wise.  This short time away was really nice for Mike and I.  I'm proud I work for a company that values their employees, and their families. 
 My trip was made even more perfect on Friday night when I ran into Vanessa!  Vanessa was my co-worker for five years and I consider her a very close friend.  She left our unit but not the company.  Here I am with Vanessa and my co-worker, Denise. 
 A few of my other co-workers: Lori, Me, Lynn (who retired this year) and Stefani.  Stefani and Lynn are mother and daughter so Lynn came along as Stefani's guest this year. 

                                     Here's most of my unit (a few of us are missing). 
                                                       But here's how we really act.
 This guy was quite a sport.  We dressed him up and he did a funny video with my boss.  Truly hysterical.  It was nice for Mike to relax.  He has worked every day this summer.  He took some calls and did some planning during our trip but he was able to relax, and it was good for my soul, and his too. 

And here's my unit minus Nancy.  This August meetings was hands down the best time, and trust me they are always fun, but this time I came into the meetings after a very long and difficult 18 months.  I am home now, refreshed, and it was sure nice to relax, laugh and enjoy the time with my husband and co-workers. 

No comments: