Sunday, October 8, 2017

I can see

When I was in college I noticed I could not see the board so I got glasses.  I've been in glasses ever since and my eye sight was terrible.  I was legally blind.  I could not go anywhere without corrective lenses.  The straw that finally broke the camels back was my beach vacation this summer.  Something and who knows what irritated my contact lenses and I could not wear my contact lenses during my vacation.  Instead I had to wear my glasses at the beach with all the sand, the ocean water and sun.  It was a major pain.  Even after I got home I had issues with my contact lenses.  I  was starting to accept that I was aging and that perhaps the time had come that I would have to wear my glasses permanently, but it was a hard reality to accept.  Some people like glasses, but I hate them - not on other people but on myself.  They are a pain and personally I don't find myself the least bit attractive in them.  In September my mom presented me with a  gift, she wanted to give me the gift of lasik eye surgery.  Even though I don't like to make it a habit of accepting these kind of gifts I readily accepted this one.  My mom literally gave me my sight back.  I had the easy peasy surgery on Oct. 6 and my vision is wonderful.  My biggest challenge is not grabbing my glasses right after my shower at night or grabbing them first thing in the morning when I get up.  I keep thinking I should have them on my face but then when I look around the room and realize my vision is 20/20, I almost have to pinch myself. 

No comments: