Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Fall weekend festivities

 Time marches on, doesn't it?  I can't believe it's almost the end of October.  We've had an unseasonably warm October until this weekend.  The cold reality has hit us hard.  It was 70 and warm on Saturday and rainy and cold on Sunday, and so it begins.  On Sunday we had Nick's XC banquet.  Full disclosure on XC, I made Nick do it, hoping he'd enjoy it.  He didn't, but to his credit he rarely complained.  He says he's returning to his first love next year, football.  Nick is at an age where as a parent you can still force him to do things.  By the time kids get to Jay's age, it's a fine balance.  I'm glad Nick tried it, but it looks like I'll be cheering him on at football games from here on out. 
 Can this picture be any cuter?  On Saturday we went to Erin's house for a cook out.  Our family loves and looks forward to the Douglas cook out every October!  For all the years we've gone I simply can't believe these boys are this grown up.  All of them are driving except yep, you guessed it, Jay. 
And here are some of the littler boys, although Nick would not appreciate that I wrote that.  I really don't consider Nick so little anymore, trust me!  I'm entering another week filled with basketball practices (Nick), conferences (Nick), and small group.  We are entering our busy time of year.  I'm so thankful for my job which allows me the flexibility and balance I need for work and family! 

No comments: