Monday, December 4, 2017

Ready or not, it's December

 Everyday I get up I intend on spending time working on my my blog and yet everyday the task of working on my blog slips away when I'm confronted with the fact it's 8pm and I'm just too tired and brainless to work on it.  I am in the trenches of parenting right now.  I have a full time job, a bible study I'm involved with once a week, two boys who play basketball, a husband who runs his own business, and small group for my boys once a week.  Okay, as I just wrote all that I thought, "Geesh, Amy, cut yourself some slack."  Ha.  Anyway, I have these great blog ideas but by the time I get around to putting thought into writing them, I've forgotten them.  Go figure.  So for now I'll focus on the daily ins and outs of my life, which is pretty sweet right now - see picture above.  At the last minute Ausili's came out Thanksgiving weekend, on Sunday night, and Faith came!!  We determined Faith hadn't been to our house since June!  My heart was so full that Sunday night.
 And I got a double dose of Faith time.  This past Friday night Mike and I attended a fund raising event.  Mike, Jenny, Faith and Curt were there and Faith sat by me.  She snapped this selfie of us and sent it to Jay!
 On Saturday night my mom and I went to the high school's production of "Madrigals."  We really enjoyed it, even after sitting for over 2 hours!  It was festive and something light and fun to do.
 And this girl turned 10 yesterday!  How can she be 10?  Kim went above and beyond and threw her a puppy themed party.  Kim puts all of us to shame when her party throwing skills.  On Saturday Kim had 15 little girls over for Lauren's puppy party, with Peanut being the star of the party, and then yesterday Kim had the family party for Lauren.

 Nick and Mike weren't able to attend Lauren's party (see picture below).  Jay attended, although by this picture you can see how thrilled he was to be attending a little girls puppy party.
Yep, Nick got sick!  He went to church with us, but told me that morning he felt miserable.  Honestly, I just thought he had a stomach ache, but as the morning went along I noticed his eyes didn't look good, and sure enough, Nick did not make it home!  Thankfully Nick is old enough to know when he's going to throw up.  Oh boy!  All is well today.  Nick is back at school.

No comments: