Sunday, June 24, 2018

A bittersweet week

 As I write this blog the Ausili's are en route to TX.  Jenny and the kids will be back in another week but Mike is there to stay.  I knew today was coming but it sure snuck up on me.  Every time the Ausili's came out in the last month I would tell the boys, "Guys, this is probably the last time they will be out here and all 8 of us will be together."  But then another few days would go by and they would come out and we'd all be together again.  It was better that I just didn't know when the "last time" would arrive, but it did.  Little did we know it would be Father's Day.  Ausili's came out again two nights ago so Sieb could give Faith her bags set (see below) but Jay was gone (more on that later) so it was 7 of us instead of 8.  Nick and Mike are big conservatives and Nick bought them Trump cups.  They toasted each other for the good times to come!  Mike is already challenging Nick to jump off the roof in TX and into their pool.  Yeah, I'm not really okay with that but they joke about it anyway.
Sieb made Faith an AL bags set!  Me, Mike, Sieb and Jenny played each other and had a great time.  Who knew I could enjoy bags so much?  Ha.
 As usual Cole made himself comfortable on Curt's lap.  Notice he was also in the picture above with Sieb and Faith.
 I just love this picture.  Last night was Faith's friend graduation party.  I joked that John and Nick sure knew how to get a party started!
 We got our pictures back this week from our session in June and I wanted to include these two pictures as they are my absolute favorites.  Last night as I watched Faith with her friends I was reminded of how fast time flies.  We have raised these four kids as siblings.  What are the next two years going to look like for Jay and Curt (without them being so close geographically)?  What are Nick's high school years going to look like?  And will these four kids remember how much time we spent together, the laughs we shared, the endless games of zombie tag they played, all the bon fires we sat around or will they slowly drift apart as the years go by?  That is why this picture means so much to me.  It was a moment in time when these four kids were thick as thieves.  They knew what made them tick and they knew how to have fun together.  It demonstrates their innocence, a time in their life when all they had to worry about was whether or not they had enough gas in their tank, except for Nick and his biggest concern was what time he would get up to fish.  It's a picture that captures life before "real" life takes over and that is why I love it so much!
This week Jay went to MI for a CIY event.  Jay has been going to CIY since he was in 6th grade with the same boys that have been in his small group since yep, you guessed it, 6th grade.  It was a quiet week.  Nick worked with Mike all week and I worked in peace catching up from my vacation last week.  It was lovely.  Mike has multiple projects going on in our house right now that range from building a deck, re-designing the playground area, putting down a wood floor in our bedroom, and putting in new doors in our house.  For some reason he decided to start four projects at once so it's interesting in our house right now, to say the least.

No comments: