Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The Illinois Chapter

 I thought about entitling this blog Goodbye or Farewell but it's so not a goodbye or farewell blog.  It's a truth blog.  The truth is life changes.  The days go slow but the years go fast.  Our friendship with the Ausili's have spanned over 25 plus years.  We have raised our kids together, shared laughs together, and prayed for one another.  Our friendship doesn't end at our final IL backyard bonfire, but instead a new chapter begins over state lines that involves TX and a pool - no joke, a pool!  I can see Jenny and I now in the water with our cosmos and this new chapter we will be adults, like serious adults.  After all our IL chapter started with our weddings, a move from our Orr apartment to becoming official homeowners.  Then we transitioned into dirty diapers, chasing toddlers, fretting and worrying while our kids were in middle school and high school (I still have more fretting and worrying to do).  We took our kids to TN together for 7 straight years.  We went through a devastating job loss together, and now a major move together.  While it is true I don't know what our lives are supposed to look like without the Ausili's presence, I do have faith in God's plans for our families and I do look forward for our TX chapter to be written.  
This might be my favorite picture of these 4! 








No comments: