Monday, June 18, 2018

Ocean Sun Rises

 Mike was bound and determined to see the sun rise over the ocean.  Most mornings he set his alarm for 5:30.  He would ask me if I wanted to join him on his morning walks and as I recall I responded with a few choice words for him.  I don't get up before 8:00 on my vacations.  One morning, however, I did join him, we just didn't go out until after 10:00.  Ha.  The boys, however, were all for the early morning walks.  I don't think there was one morning that Mike had to walk solo.  Either Jay or Nick would walk with him.  There was only morning where there was no cloud cover and Mike and Nick shot the picture above.  Beautiful!
Look at these two sleepy heads.  I love this picture because of the memory it will forever hold and I also love it because Mike Siebert actually took a selfie!  God must have really been moving in his heart that morning!  This particular morning Mike and Nick walked 7 miles.  Jay and I slept, which in my opinion is what you're supposed to do on vacation.

No comments: