Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tears

I have spent my day in tears.  Never have so many tears stained my cheeks.  I have cried from sun rise to sun set.  I have spent most of my day crying and missing my dad like crazy.  That is how emotions catch up with you.  I have cried some happy tears today because I know my dad is looking down on his three girls and I'm certain he's proud of us, and maybe he's interceding on my mom's behalf.  Not a day has gone by since July 9 that me, Kim and my mom have not thought of him.  He's as much a part of this as we are.  During this two week journey my mom has mentioned my dad several times.  I believe she understands him more and certainly has a real connection to how he lived his life the last 22 years.  As I sat on the edge of my bed tonight I gave thanks to God for the progress my mom is making and for the deep love and affection between my mom, Kim and I.  I would give anything to run into my dad's arms and have him tell me everything is going to be alright.  It never matters how old you are, the love and encouragement from a parent is something you always seek.  I know my mom has missed her parents terribly during this time, that she too would give anything to have her parents hug her and love her and assure her that everything was going to be okay.  In the matter of four months my dad has died, my mom has had a stroke and my dearest friends have moved.  I praise God for his steadfast love because I feel like I'm drowning in an ocean but I know I have an life vest to grab ahold of in the promises from scripture, knowing that nothing can separate me from God's love and that He will work everything out for our good and in His time.

No comments: