Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Life today

Kim, mom and I have a new normal.  It looks quite different than it did on July 8.  Life today is harder, no doubt, but just when I think that surely God has taught me just about everything there is I need to know my eyes are opened to yet more learning.  Our new normal consists of:
*24 hour shifts between Kim and I, caring for our mother
*bumps in the road since coming home which mainly revolve around our mom's struggle to become more independent and her resistance to care-giving.
*being reminded once again how dedicated mom is and what a fighter she is.  
*the balance of work, family and care-giving
*wondering and praying if the relationship I once shared with my mom will return.  If it doesn't, what does the post stroke relationship with my mom look like?
*trusting that God will see us through this journey.  It's the only thing Kim and I are clinging to.  
*Praising God in a storm we never saw coming and has shook us to our core
*Seeing God work through my sister and using all her strengths.  
*Missing my dad and feeling his presence through this entire ordeal.  I am confident he is interceding on my mom's behalf.  
*Dismissing any and all time lines.  
*Learning a whole new level of patience 

No comments: