Saturday, December 22, 2018

Friends Reunited

 Jenny and Faith came home for a visit last Saturday (and left this morning, bo hoo).  Sarah and I were so excited, we were giddy, like school age children!  We made signs and greeted them at the airport.  Sarah and I whisked Jenny off for a "all about Jen" day to celebrate her upcoming birthday.  We took her shopping for her gift, we went for pedi's and ended the night at her favorite restaurant.

 On Monday night Mary joined us for dinner.  Sadly Shannon was on a trip and couldn't join us.  She was missed.  The four of us laughed over dinner.  It was just like old times.
 On Wednesday night everyone came out to celebrate Sieb and Jenny's 46th birthday.  I loved having the girls back at the house.  This was however the day when everything got "real" for Jay and his poor decision(s) he had made so there was a bit of stress in the house and Jay was not himself, but having a house full of people was certainly a nice and welcome distraction.

 Happy 46th Birthday Genny and Sieb!  I ordered Sieb cake pops and they did not disappoint.
                                                                        My loves!

 Finally on Friday night, Jenny's last night in IL, she came out to my house for our final cocktail hour of her trip.  Mom, Kim and Katie joined us and we had such a nice evening.
Although this week was stressful, it was such a blessing to have my dear friend home.  Last night Jenny parked herself in front of the fire (she loves fires in our fireplace) and I said to her if only I could have her at my fireplace every weekend, like she use to be, but for now I have the memory of her smiling in her AL sweatshirt with her drink in hand, laughing, knowing she felt right at home.  Seeing her leave last night was easier since Sieb, me and the boys are flying to see them in a week!

No comments: