Friday, January 25, 2019

Happy belated 17th birthday, Jay

 I was in Florida for Jay's birthday.  When I got home I had the family over to celebrate.  I seriously can't believe my 5 lbs baby boy is 17 and even more mind boggling is he will be 18 next year.  Time has gone way too fast.
 We discovered a bakery in Tremont that makes cakes.  One of Nick's teachers owns the bakery.  It is our new favorite bakery.  They made Jay's cake and we loved it.  It was so yummy!
 Luke had to help Jay blow our his candles.  Luke is such a ham.  He will be nine next month.

 My Aunt Karen and Uncle Kerry came and brought their new dog, Heidi.  She was as sweet as she could be.  We all loved her.
 The best picture of the night is of my mom feeding Cole.  This is a HUGE no no in our house but my mom has a big soft spot for Cole.  She secretly gives him food from the table and then blames her stroke for doing it.  Nice try, mom!
Nick playing with Jocelyn.  It's always so nice to have my cousin, Michelle and my aunt and uncle come to our family events.

As for Jay, he is doing quite well these days minus the unfortunate incident in December (which has been dealt with and is behind us....kind of).  What I love about him is he never gets too worked up about things.  He's able to brush things off and move on.  He is proving to be a good judge of character.  I love, love, love the relationship between Jay and his dad.  They are tight, those two. It's fun to see how they tease one another, especially as each of them ages.
Seventeen is such a great year. He's right on the cusp of so many things!  I am excited for what this next year will bring for Jay.

No comments: