Sunday, May 3, 2020

Happy 14th Birthday, Nick

I'm late in blogging about Nick's birthday, probably because it was rather uneventful and Nick is the only kid I know that simply tolerates his birthday.  He doesn't eat cake (weirdo).  He tends to stick to his routine so when I suggested that maybe I could make him something special for breakfast he flatly told me No and that he would stick to his eggs and waffles.  His E-learning continues and he's doing so/so with it.  I think he's mentally done with school.  He is spending a lot of time fishing these days and I'm so thankful for his love of fishing and that we live where we live - even if it is Illinois.  I included this picture of Nick because it's so Nick.  Trump hat, Pit Viper sunglasses and an AL shirt.  He looks like a redneck that has no business living in IL.  Just sayin....
Mike, the boys and I are still hard at work with our yard.  It's coming along.  After 17 years seeing my yard, patio and deck come together brings me great joy!
I order all of our cakes from a small bakery in Tremont, IL.  We love it.  I asked for a fishing theme for Nick's cake and boy did they deliver.  I love how it turned out.  Of course Nick didn't eat any.
Our world as we know is still very different.  As of May 1 IL is still under a "shelter in place" order but I have admit my patience is running thin.  However, I am very mindful that not all people think like me, imagine that, and I am trying to give a lot of grace to others who are still very afraid of this virus.  All Illinoisans must wear a mask out in public now.  I get the idea behind the mask.  What I don't get is why we waited until May 1.  We should have been wearing masks back in March, but I digress.  Last night I had my family out for Nick's birthday.  It was the first time since probably mom's birthday in early March that all 9 of us were together.  I know it made my mom very happy!  Whenever she comes over the dogs know who drops the food the most.  Ha!  As we enter a new week I remain hopeful for my country, my state and my family but each and every day that goes by and for those of us still on "lockdown" I'm afraid the message loud and clear is one of submission.   A lawsuit in southern Illinois has already been filed which states what our governor is doing is unconstitional.  I'm afraid there are still scary and uncertain times ahead.

No comments: