Monday, June 22, 2020

Happy Father's Day

I'm a day late (as usual) but we celebrated Father's Day yesterday. Mike took the day off, his first day off in a month. He spent most of his day installing Nick's motor on his new kayak. That night we had a good dinner and Nick and Mike went fishing. Jay opted to stay home. This is just the kind of guy Mike is. He could have spent the day on the couch or catching up on some of his own projects.  He certainly would be entitled to, especially after working for at least 20 straight days but instead he put Nick's motor in because he knew it was important to Nick. Nick had earned that motor from working a weekend with Mike. It was a win/win!
Here's Nick taking his kayak out for its maiden voyage. He's obsessed with it! I did think of my dad often yesterday. I miss him but I'm thankful he's with Jesus and not sitting in a nursing home, especially in the middle of a pandemic.

No comments: