Monday, July 5, 2021

Our 4th of July

My friend, Erin, had her annual shrimp boil yesterday.  I look forward to it every year.  About six families started this tradition years ago.  In thinking back I believe Mike and I have been going with our boys for 7 years.  It has changed through the years.  We started in Minier and now Erin hosts.  Sadly we've lost a few people to divorce.  We were also formed together because of our older kids (Jay's group) and those older boys have all grown up.  Once they started driving they would show up for the food and leave which pretty much still happens.  Yesterday only Jay, Reece and Jeremy were there.  The weather was great and the food was delish!  
Nick and I ended the night by watching fireworks from our county road.  
Nick was able to take his boot off and play volleyball in the pool.  He had a great time. 






 The look of this is always kind of gross to me but let me tell you it truly is so good!  My favorite is the shrimp.....the crawfish though, not so much. 

No comments: