Thursday, July 22, 2021

Reality

 To say I'm having a hard time "settling back in" this week would be an understatement.  I'm in a  Hawaiian vacation fog and the five hour time difference has taken it's toll on me.  Before I left for Hawaii I was getting up every morning at 5:30 a.m. and taking an invigorating walk.  Even when I was in Hawaii I met my 11,000 step goal nearly everyday.  Since I've gotten home I've gotten up zero times in the morning to walk.  This morning I slept in until 6:45 which is pretty much unheard of for me, even on the weekends.  Somehow I'm still managing to get in my 11,000 steps but I've been sluggish.  My legs feel like lead weights when I do walk.  I decided to give myself some grace.  I need some time to get back into the reality of life when for 8 days I literally lived in paradise.  Not that I'm complaining or anything.....wink, wink!  I'm confident by next week I'll get my groove back.  I've continued to fall short of my weight loss goals.  I was within 3.5 lbs of meeting my goal before I left for Hawaii.  Clearly I need to re-evaluate that next week and prepare myself mentally for my continued health goals, even though all I really want to do is lay on the beach, laugh with my family and drink the Hawaiian vodka Mike bought for me.  Reality has a way of really biting you in the you know what. 

No comments: