Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Blessings

 All last week after coming home from Hawaii I was in a funk.  I know a big part of it was physical as I was trying to adjust back to my central time zone but the other part was all mental.  It was kind of depressing to come back to reality.  I wasn't able to ease back into reality either.  I literally dove in head first but such is life, right?  If it sounds like I'm complaining....I am.  Keep reading though.  Two days ago which just happened to be Sunday morning I woke up and gave myself grace.  I didn't worry about getting in my 11,000 steps and I ate what I wanted.  I slept in.  I relaxed.  I called Jenny and we caught up on my trip and her upcoming trip to TN.  I sternly told myself that I was going to wake up on Monday morning and get back into my routine and then the glass is half full girl within myself came out.  God reminded me in that moment of all my blessings and they are plentiful.  

#1 - Mike and I were able to take our boys on an amazing vacation.  We created memories that will last a lifetime. For me personally, our trip will forever remain a sweet spot in my heart.  I loved having my boys go with us, especially Jay, knowing he might not have been able to go because of work or choose not to go.  He is 19 after all.  I loved seeing Nick snorkel and doing Nick things which is pretty much anything and everything.   

#2 - Mike is fully engaged in home inspection.  I will blog more about this in another blog but when I look back over the last five years I have to pinch myself.  I won't say it's been easy but doors have been opened for Mike that God has blessed immeasurably.  

#3 - Nick's leg recovered.  He is now back to life on two legs.  He hasn't been cleared for football yet but that's his only restriction.  His break could have been so much worse and I know God's hand of protection was over him that day.  He wasn't able to work this summer as he had planned but the minute he recovered and we got home from Hawaii jobs have literally fell into his lap and he's working like a typical Siebert boy.  Ha!  He's working so much that he'll have saved what we require in order for him to buy a car.  It's hard to believe we'll soon be car shopping for him.  

#4 - Jay really seems to like his plumbing job.  It's funny how life comes full circle.  Jay works for my friend, Philip.  Philip and I worked together for years and I would come to work, sit in my cubicle day after day and he would have me in gales of laughter.  He made work fun.  Philip is an all around good guy.  My prayer for Jay during his senior year and after was that he would work with godly men with good character.  Talk about a prayer being answered.  Jay comes home and shares funny stories with us. Philip is patient while Jay learns and makes the job fun.  My prayer is that Jay continues to gain more confidence in his trade/career.  

#5 - As for me.  Life is good.  While it's true my job has been a thorn in my side since being thrown into a new territory almost 18 months ago I feel like I'm slowly coming out of the fog and into the light.  I'm blessed to have the job I do and I continue to love working from home and having that flexibility. 

#6 - I live in America and I'm a proud American.  

All of these blessings were a good reminder of the sweet season of life I'm in. I give glory to God for all of my blessings.  


No comments: