Sunday, November 21, 2021

Cousins are the best


 Yesterday Kim and I went and had lunch with Aunt Karen and Michelle.  The weather was beautiful and the company was delightful and of course we shared many laughs together.  I am very close to all my girl cousins on both sides of my family.  I realize it's truly a blessing.  I'm the oldest out of all of them and there's probably a little "mothering" I do from afar -ha!  I like to check in with all of them frequently to see how they are doing.  

Michelle reminds me the most of myself as a young mother but she is way more patient than I was.  I swear that girl is patient as the day is long.  She is an encouraging soul and I've always been in complete admiration of her relationship with her bonus child, Jayde.  

Kelly is my cousin that first exposed me to the University of Alabama.  Who knew that years later my sweet god daughter, Faith, would end up going to AL and that Kelly would help guide her through the rush process.  I know Kelly and Karen kept Faith and Jenny sane during that time period.  I love watching Kelly from afar.  She is adventerous, brave and determined.  She recently moved to FL and I can't wait to visit her.  

Amber is a go getter.  She doesn't let any grass grow under her feet.  She is upbeat and friendly to a fault.  The joke in her hometown is she can't go anywhere without seeing someone she knows.  She is smart, funny and level headed.  She's my "yes" cousin.  Whatever Kim and I come up with as something to do, Amber is always all in!      

Cora recently made a bold decision and moved to FL.  I so admire Kelly and Cora for being brave enough so make the moves that they did.  Cora has had to work for everything she has.  Every decision she has made has been for the betterment of her family.  She loves babies!  My does that girl love babies.  She also has an extended bonus family she has taken on as 100% her own since day one. She has sound advice and a big heart.  

No comments: