Sunday, November 28, 2021

Our Thanksgiving weekend

Our Thanksgiving was quiet this year.  It was just the four of us and mom but if you include the dogs we had a grand total of eight.  The day was so relaxing and we have so much to be thankful for.  This year felt a little different to me.  Jay no longer living at home probably played a part in that and usually we have more people but this year Kim was with Craig's family.  Jay picked mom up and Nick and I drove her home.  The food was amazing and we enjoyed each others company.  
The picture above is our family picture we sent to Ausili's.  Not the best picture of the four of us but it is what it is. 
Our festivites wrapped up early and I got under my new blanket (that I seriously adore) and did nothing the rest of the night.  It was delightful. 
I'm learning how to be an adult parent.  I think Jay needed a hair cut but this momma kept her mouth shut.  I was just glad to see him, shaggy hair and all.  
Mike smoked our turkey and then fried it.  It was ridiculously good, as always. 
Jay made these hog wings.  They were very good and apparently very easy.  

 My mom, Walker and Cole.  Cole knows he's not allowed on the furniture but Walker has no boundries (just saying).  Since mom can't cook for herself she loves eating home cooked meal.  It made me happy to send her home with several left overs!  

No comments: