Sunday, January 15, 2023

The first Bass Bash

Last night we had a huge fundraiser for our fishing team.  I am beyond thrilled because we made enough money to pay for our upcoming spring season and most of our fall season.  Yay!  I am so proud of the group of people who got this team up and running.  When I wrote the proposal in the spring of 2020 I could not have envisioned where this team would be today.  We have a solid coach, a committed group of parents and kids who love to fish.  It is our goal to make sure the team continues to grow and more kids get exposed to fishing.  Out ultimate goal is to one day see a kid on our team get a fishing scholarship to college.  As our coach said in the world we live in today these kids are the future of fishing and the outdoors.  It's good that fishing gives them a reason to stay on the right path.  Speaking from my own personal experience with Nick.  Fishing keeps him grounded and out of trouble.  

 Mike was a rock star last night.  He was our "accountant" and had to keep track of what was sold, who bought it and for how much, all while listening to a an auctioneer.  In usual Mike form it took him a bit to get an ear for it but once he figured out what he was listening for he dove right into it.  

I'll have more to post this week.  Jay turns 21 tomorrow.  I know, crazy!  


No comments: