Monday, January 30, 2023

Nashville

Late this summer me, Shannon and Mary were relaxing on my patio when we came up with an idea to go to Nashville to celebrate Mike and Mary's 50th birthdays.  We picked late January - a date right between Mike and Mary's birthdays.  Wow, did we have fun.  I know I say it all the time but God has blessed me immeasurably with the most beautiful friendships, not to mention my awesome husband.  The five of us had a wonderful time together.  
When we arrived on Thursday night we got settled into our AirBNB.  Then we headed to Broadway where we enjoyed live music at Kid Rock's restaurant.  We then walked around Broadway, heading in and out of other bars.  It was cold that night but we survived.  Thursday was probably the coldest night because the rest of the weekend I was able to be out and about without a coat.  It was 60 degrees on Saturday. 
On Friday Mike and I got up and walked to the neighborhood coffee shop.  We picked up coffee and bagels for everyone.  For lunch the five of us ate at Martin's BBQ.  We then went walking to Leon's candy shop and after that headed to Mattheson's where Sieb got a giant cookie.  We spent over an hour at Standard Proof whiskey bar.  We also went to Tootsies and ended the evening at a pizza place.  
 On Saturday we literally went from 9am until 11pm that night.  We went to Biscuit Love for breakfast then drove to downtown Franklin, TN.  We shopped and later in the afternoon we went to Leipers Fork Distillery.  We ended the night at Fox and Locke with a live band and let me tell you it did not disappoint.  This was probably my most favorite as far as live bands go.  We truly had such a nice time.  I was in bed and asleep by 7pm on Sunday night (no joke).  It was a wonderful weekend filled with good friends, wonderful food, amazing drinks and lots of laughter.  

No comments: