Monday, February 8, 2010

Jay's Innocence

I've had two cute stories that occurred with Jay recently. He was addressing his valentine's the other night when he asked me if I knew how to draw a star. I replied I was able to and he asked me draw a star on a particular girls valentine. I smirked at him and began to draw the star and Jay could quickly read my mind and told me, "She's just a friend, mom." I rolled my eyes and Jay could see he wasn't convincing me and said, "Okay fine, but don't tell anyone." Ha! I think Jay has his first crush. He claimed he wanted to put a star by her name because she's good in math and Mike and I were like, "What-eveh, Jay."

This morning on our drive to the bus stop, Jay and I had a conversation that went like this:
Jay, "Mom, I don't really know what I want to be when I grow up."
Me, "That's okay, Jay, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be too."
Jay, "Well isn't your work fun?"
Me, "Fun isn't really a word I would use to describe it."
Jay, "Isn't it fun to go to work everyday and see the remote controlled mail cart?"

How funny! That made me laugh. Only an 8 year old boy would think work should be fun because I work in an office with a remote controlled mail cart. In Jay's mind, it doesn't get any better than that.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

thats cool. I wishe I worked with a remote control mail cart