Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Age 4, it's a good thing

Jay at age 4
Nick at age 4
I didn't make it any secret that age 3 was not a good age for Nick. He was uncooperative and broke out his mad eyes way too often. Yes, of course I loved him anyway but he made it challenging. Ha. For weeks leading up to his 4th birthday my mom and I prayed he would turn over a new leaf at age 4 - Turns out, he did! He's the delightful child we all know and love. I got to thinking though; I wish I would have blogged when Jay was 4. I remember really enjoying age 4 with Jay too. However, I did keep a diary. Below is some comparisons of the 2 boys - These are remarks I made in my diary when Jay was 4
Jay (age 4)
*is very physical and has athletic ability (still true today at age 8)
*is a pretty good eater, he'll at least try something
*Loves spending time with his family especially his Nana, Mimi and grandparents
*Loves fast cars
*is less affectionate, he will no longer hold my hand
*doesn't sit still for one second
*is very confused by today, tomorrow and yesterday
*still loves his blankie
Nick (age 4)
*Loves penguins & giraffes. His bed is filled with them and he names them all
*Loves spending time with his family
*Has funny down to a science
*Has the best mannerisms and facial expressions
*Is a big eater - His favorite, pancakes!
*Responds well to Jay when Jay is nice to him
*Is still very affectionate
*Is more of a Momma's boy than Jay - He still is all about his daddy and Jay too
And as a side note, Nick is also very confused by today, tomorrow and yesterday! I guess it's a 4 year old thing.


No comments: