Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday, Luke

 My sweet, adorable and very funny nephew, Luke turns 3 today.  Last night we conquered the snow (yes, we have a TON of snow in Illinois again) and celebrated his bday with dinner out and cake at my mom's house.  Luke is the youngest of the four grandkids and maybe that is why we are all pretty smitten with him.  He is one funny 3 year old! 
 Nick's age 7 looks a lot like Nick's age 3 and trust me, that's not a good thing.  The only difference is the goofiness factor.  Nick's age 3 had more of a mean factor - Age 7 is a bit more of the goofiness factor.


 Luke took it upon himself to stick his fingers in his cake when my sister wasn't looking (however his aunt was looking).  Before I knew it there were finger markings all over the cake and his fingers were covered in frosting.

                                      My mom made him a giraffe cake.  Here he is checking it out. 


 This picture cracks me up because Jay is too cool now to get his picture taken with his aunt so this is a forced picture on Jay's part, if you couldn't tell that by the look on his face.  Kim and I, however, thought it was hysterical (hence the look on her face). 
My sister and I.  It was another busy weekend.  Jay played basketball which required us to travel a good hour one way and on the way home we drove through a blizzard - good times.  We went to Luke's party last night and we are going into a very busy week.  This is the season of our life right now and I'm just thankful were all healthy.  My one complaint - THE WEATHER!  This has been a rough winter, lots (and lots) of snow and very cold temps.  We will all be elated to see spring arrive. 

No comments: