Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Proof that 40 is right around the corner.....

Today I had my annual you know what.  The sad thing is about 10 years ago I really dreaded this appointment.  It's not that I get excited for this appointment (Ewww), instead I have more of an "it is what it is" kind of attitude.  It has to be done so I might as well get it done.  Today I was reminded that 40 is right around the corner for me.......I have to get a mammogram.  During my exam there was a female student nurse present who was young and very pretty.  My doctor and I were chatting during the exam, talking about books none the less.  He was telling me about a british author he loves to read (P.D. James, if you're wondering).  He said if I liked "Downton Abby" then I would really enjoy these particular british novels.  If anyone mentions "Downton Abby" it gets my attention.  I love the show which I proceeded to tell the student nurse and my doctor.  I got so excited by the opportunity to talk about Downton that I asked the student nurse if she watched the show.  She smiled politely and replied, "No, but my parents do," at which time I felt officially old!  Ha!  But then I realized I'm not the least bit old, this young nurse needs to get with the program and start watching some Downton and hopefully I did this young student nurse a favor today.  LOL!

No comments: