Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Nick and his dog

 I thought the picture above was funny.  Cole is always trying to lick Nick and he has no manners!  Anyone who tells you there is no difference between male and female dogs is lying!  There is a big difference.  Cole is like a frat boy!  He walks around the house and burps, farts (and they smell BAD too), he thinks nothing of coming and sitting on your head - wherever he feels entitled to sit, he does so.  He thinks of food constantly and takes up the entire bed when he sleeps with Nick.  How Nick will ever fit in his own bed as he and Cole grows is beyond me.  I like to tease Mike and Nick that their dog is down right rotten.  He likes to get up early and 6:00 early on a week day is fine but I'm not so amused on the weekends.  But I can overlook all these annoying traits when I watch Nick with his dog.  He loves him and as I've learned from Jay and Copper, sometimes when things are just not going right in a boys life, all they need and want is their dog. 
Life hasn't been easy for Nick lately and Mike and I slowly but surely trying to piece it all together.  Second grade has been challenging and Nick just hasn't been our Nick in awhile but he's coming around.  As annoying to me as Cole is, he is a comfort to Nick and Nick takes pride in taking care of him.  So although the dog is a little rotten and quite the frat boy, I still love him and how he takes care of my boy, Nick. 

No comments: