Monday, March 17, 2014

Does he talk?

I have been so busy lately I have really fallen behind on my blogging.  I'll try to step it up this week!  I think it's safe to say Jay is on the down hill for 6th grade.  Thanks to 7 snow days he'll be going to school past Memorial Day (Hallejah) so he still has many, many weeks of 6th grade left.  Sixth grade has been by far his best year he's ever had, educationally and dare I say socially.  Ha!  We've entered the girlfriend phase but I'm well aware it's really not a phase, it's here to stay.  I enjoy Jay when he's got a significant other.  He's a little feisty and is more willing to joke around.  About 2 weeks ago he and C. started "dating."  Yes, believe it or not kids these days still call it dating.  I would have thought they would have evolved to just texting since that's all they do!  Jay asked if I would take he and C. to the movies.  I agreed.  On this particular night I picked C. up.  Her and Jay sat in the back seat together.  I could hear her chatting away and I was thinking to myself...."Ummmm, I like this girl already."  Ha!  Suddenly C. looks up at me and asks, "Amy, does Jay talk a lot at home?"  I replied that Jay really wasn't a talker, he's talks but not a lot, that you really have to wait for it with Jay.  She sighed a sign of relief.  I know Jay's future wife is so far into the future but somehow something tells me he'll need a girl who is outgoing and Yes, chatty.  Someone who can keep him engaged in everyday life, someone who will appreciate his quiet (very quiet) nature and love him for it all at the same time.  Heaven knows I love and appreciate the quiet men in my life!  I married a quiet man and then proceeded to give birth his minion.  I quickly figured out that Mike had a calm and gentle nature which really evens out my not so calm and gentle nature.  I'm just thankful I get the best of both worlds in my house!  

No comments: