Saturday, March 1, 2014

Nick.....a.k.a Karl Malone

 All of Nick's second grade class were assigned a famous African American character for black history month.  The kids researched their famous person and presented it at a "wax museum" yesterday at the school.  Nick was Karl Malone.  He worked really hard on his speech and poster (behind him).  He read fluently yesterday and did a great job!  I was really proud of him! 
 The story of how and where I got the Utah Jazz jersey is an interesting story in itself.  I made the mistake and ordered the first jersey from Beijing!  Yeah, that jersey hasn't shown up yet.  By Tuesday night I was in panic mode and ordered another jersey - this time from a company within the United States but I had to pay overnight shipping.  Needless to say this jersey ended up costing this momma way too much money.  But this momma was also a desperate one and we all know what desperate momma's are capable of.  Nick was excited about this project and he's had such a hard time in school lately that I didn't want anything to disappoint him, least of all not having the right jersey - something I can actually control!  LOL. 


No comments: