Saturday, June 27, 2015

Rain, Rain, go away

Central Illinois has been soaked for the entire month of June. As I think back, I can't remember a wetter June.  I know we've had some very wet springs but when you get into the summer and have more rainy days than sun, well it just gets old.  The rain has been relentless.  The picture of Jay is how he spent his entire week, playing video games, doing nothing.  How often do I write that my kids did nothing?  Rarely!  When the sun would come out for maybe 2 hours a day, the boys would take advantage of it and go to froggie island but other than that, the boys hunkered down for the week.  I feel bad for all the farmers.  I'm no farmer but the crops look ruined.  Our yard which sits on a hill is too soaked to mow it.  The rain was even putting Nick in a bad mood.  I am praying things dry up for the month of July.  This is one of those summers where it feels we've hardly had a summer because of the weather.  Okay, I'm done complaining now.  I am thankful that the sun is out this morning, at least for the moment anyway. 

No comments: